WHAT KATHERINE AND JOSE LIKE TO MUNCH ON
Finally here are couple of recipes "related" to the wedding.
Peel and Eat Shrimp
- 2 pounds large or extra large raw shrimp, headless, shell on
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet pimento paste
- Ensure that shrimp is thawed, if you bought it frozen
- Fill a large pot to about 3/4 with cold water and bring to a boil
- While the water is heating, add salt, olive oil and pimento paste
- Once the the water is boiling, add shrimp
- Once the water is boiling again, let it boil for 4 minutes
- Remove the shrimp from the hot water and let it cool before eating
Try lobster instead of shrimp. Of course it will take a little longer to cook - 6 minutes for the first pound, add 3 minutes for each additional pound.
- 2 pounds of live mussels
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 4-5 onion slices (thin)
- 2 green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8-10 fresh cilantro stems
- 1-2 table spoons of butter (optional)
- Run the mussels through cold water and they should close thight, the ones that don't are dead and should be discarded
- Cut the onion slices in half, slice the green onion (about 1/4 inch bits)
- Mince the garlic and chop the cilantro
- Put the mussels in a large pot and add the wine
- Cover the mussels with the onion, green onion, garlic and cilantro
- Cover the pot with lid and put over medium/high heat
- Wait about 10 minutes and remove from heat
- Mussels are ready to eat. Serve with melted butter. Discard mussels which did not open.
Serve with garlic toast!
|Late lunch (Copo D'agua) pictures. It's all about the food! Picture quality is not as good because these are scan from film prints. Film... so yesterday...